Our Staff – Valerie Larocque – Methods and Expertise.
Valérie Larocque, BSW, MSW, RSW, FM Acc.
Registered Social Worker
Methods & Expertise
I believe that changes can happen when people are given the guidance, they need to draw on their own strengths and realize their potential to live a happy and fulfilling life. I will provide an environment of compassion and support to help individuals and families overcome obstacles to help them thrive and move forward in their life’s journey.
My areas of expertise include
- Stress, anger, and conflict management
- Parenting techniques and approaches
- Parent and teen conflict resolution
- Couple counselling
- Phase-of-life changes, grief, and loss
- Life stressors and next steps
- Mental health education including depression and anxiety
I will provide the following stress, anger, and conflict management approaches:
- Self-care approaches
- Breathing strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- Goal setting approaches
- Interpersonal competence approaches
- Life balance approaches
- Communication skills
- Life coaching strategies
- Parenting skills
- Provide resources